|8th grade social studies
Adjust Background: Darker / Lighter
JEFFERSON AND HAMILTON
Find the answer at the bottom and write it in the space.
- A violent protest against high taxes in 1794 was called the _______________ Rebellion.
- A group of people who support their own candidates for office is called a __________ party.
- A person who buys bonds for little money and tries to make a profit is a _______________.
- Except during the Alien Act, foreigners have always had to wait ___ _______ to become citizens.
- He owned a lot of slaves but he freed them when he died. __________ ___________________
- Yes or no: Did the Federalists want to pay off the bonds that the government owed? _____
- He shot and killed Alexander Hamilton in a duel. _______________ _______________
- A piece of paper that promises to pay you something in the future. __________
- He was the first secretary of the treasury and his face is on the $10 bill. ____________________
- He wrote the Declaration of Independence and was the third president. ____________________
- The national or central government is also called the _______________ government.
- The secretary of state is a member of the president's _______________.
- This made it illegal for newspaper editors to criticize the government. _______________ _____
- This party supported a very strong central government. _______________
- True or false: President Thomas Jefferson enforced the Alien and Sedition Acts. __________
Use these words to fill in the blanks. There will be some words left over.
Bill of Rights